Since it's Father's Day, I just remember that there were several times their fathers were mentioned on articles and stuff. Girl's Day always show their love and gratitude for their parents. There were few times in the past that they mentioned their father on interviews and shows. Here's some of them.



1. Sojin's father ran an automobile factory which led her pursuing mechanical engineering



Sojin known to be only girl group member who was a mechanical engineering major. Sojin said, "Due to my father who ran an automobile factory, I was naturally around cars all the time, and got into mechanical engineering in college." She explained her change in interest as she dreamed of becoming a singer as she said, "I was in a band when I was in college, and I got taste the sweetness of people's attention as I was on stage."

full article: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/sojin-known-to-be-only-girl-group-member-who-was-a-mechanical-engineering-major



2. Minah tears up at the thought of her dad



Minah said that she hasn’t yet had a chance to get something nice for her parents, and revealed a desire to get her dad a new car.

She said, “My dad’s car is over 10 years old. I usually don’t realize because I use a company car for schedules… I’m afraid he’s going to be sad if I say this… but when I ride in my dad’s car, I get the feeling that it’s really old,” tearing up at the thought of her dad, and showing her kind intentions and love for her parents.

full article: https://www.soompi.com/2013/11/15/girls-days-minah-tears-up-at-the-thought-of-her-dad/



3. Yura’s father questions the lack of skinship on “We Got Married” lol



Yura’s father directed a question towards the couple, asking, “Have you guys had some skinship on your way to our home?” Hong Jong Hyun remained speechless until his father-in-law continued with another question, “How come the progress of skinship in your relationship is so slow?”

On the other hand, Yura’s mother stated in response to her husband, “I’m against their skinship. They got married without any dating and went straight into a marriage, so they need time to get to know each other first.”

Hong Jong Hyun, still a bit perplexed, muttered quietly to his father-in-law, “I thought you would have been relieved that there wasn’t much skinship between us…”

Netizens and viewers of the show left comments regarding the couple’s skinship and Yura’s father’s statement, saying, “Their skinship is actually pretty strong when they do have it. Her father is asking for too much!” “Yura’s father is hilarious, very unexpected,” and, “Doesn’t Yura’s father get nervous and worried? I would if I had such a pretty daughter like Yura!”

full article: https://www.koreaboo.com/uncategorized/girls-day-yuras-father-questions-lack-skinship-got-married/



4. Hyeri reveals how her father reacted after seeing her kiss scene with Park Bo Gum



Hyeri started off saying, “My father seems to be okay with everything except the kiss scene with Taek. She continued, “My dad saw the scene where Taek kisses Dukseon in the hotel in China and started bawling because he was so surprised. My dad said, ‘Aigoo’ while crying. It was funny yet a bit sad seeing him react like that.”

Hyeri added that she couldn’t call her father much afterwards because she was so embarrassed.

full article: https://www.soompi.com/2016/01/29/hyeri-reveals-how-her-father-reacted-after-seeing-her-kiss-scene-with-park-bo-gum/



5. Minah gives her dad his dream 'full-option' car



During the recent filming for KBS' 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook', Minah realized that her parents had attended to show their support for her and her new solo activities. Seeing them in the audience, she was speechless and couldn't help but tear up. She, however, quickly lightened the mood again by sharing a fun story.

"Recently, I bought my dad a car as a present. One day, we talked about getting him one, and the next day he brought me a brochure. He asked for the full-option," the idols said, creating laughter among the audience. For those that might not know, full-option refers to getting all the available factory options that can be added onto the car.

full article: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/03/girls-day-minah-gives-her-dad-his-dream-full-option-car



6. Minah's Dad opened a pizza shop with a lot of Girl's Day stuff





7. Yura worries about her dad seeing her kiss scene



Following her shoot with actor Ahn Bo Hyun, Yura said, "It makes me think of my dad." On the other hand, Ahn Bo Hyun couldn't hide his excitement on filming such a romantic scene with the idol star as he shyly admitted, "I watched the scene recording about 30 times at home."

full article: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/girls-days-yura-worries-about-her-dad-seeing-her-kiss-scene



8. Sojin relays a story about running away from home



Sojin said, "I wanted to become a singer, so I ran away from home without my parents' knowing when I was twenty years old."  At the time, she was attending a university in Daegu.  She said, "I wrote a letter and placed it in my father's shoe, packed my things, then went up to Seoul in secret.

full article: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/07/girls-days-sojin-and-hong-jin-young-relay-stories-about-running-away-from-home



9. Yura with her dad on bali, indonesia







10. Bonus: Minah on Dad for Rent movie



Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff 
A unemployed father (Kim Sang-Kyung), due to his laziness, is supported by his wife. Their daughter decides to put their lazy dad up for rent on a secondhand site.

http://asianwiki.com/Dad_for_Rent

Post a Comment: